Call for Research Papers
SMARTCOMP 2024, the 10th edition of the premier conference on smart computing, will be held in Osaka, Japan at the end of June 2024.
Smart computing is a multidisciplinary domain based on the synergistic influence of advances in sensor-based technologies, Internet of Things, cyber-physical systems, edge computing, big data analytics, machine learning, cognitive computing, ambient intelligence, and artificial intelligence.
Applications of smart computing can be found in various societal domains, including transportation, energy, environmental protection, smart and connected communities, healthcare, industrial systems, and entertainment. Algorithmic and systems advancements of cloud computing, mobile and pervasive computing, sensor networking, and social computing are taking smart computing to a new level while improving our ways of living.
SMARTCOMP 2024 welcomes novel, cutting-edge and creative research contributions. Authors are encouraged to discuss the importance, timeliness, and significance of their work as well as limitations, future opportunities and open research directions.
Main Research Track
SMARTCOMP 2024 solicits submissions that address the fundamental questions of smart computing, that is how to design and build scalable and reliable smart computing systems, and how to use computing technology for resource sustainability to improve the human experience. Topics of interest include – but are not limited to – the following:
- Emerging Smart Computing Paradigms
- Algorithms for Smart Computing
- AI and Machine Learning in Smart Computing
- Security, Privacy, and Trust in Smart Computing
- Smart and Usable Security and Privacy
- Fairness and Socio-technical Aspects of Smart Computing
- Middleware for Smart Systems
- Mobile and Ubiquitous Smart Systems, Wearable Computing and IoT
- Intelligent Cyber-Physical Systems
- Cloud, Edge, and Fog based Smart Computing Platforms
- Data Architectures and Analytics for Smart Computing
- Distributed Sensing and Computation
- Novel Communication Paradigms in Smart Computing
- Low Power Communication and Computing for Smart Systems
- Social Computing and Smart Systems
- Quantum Computing in Smart Systems
- Interdisciplinary Approaches to Smart Computing
- Appl. of Smart Computing, e.g. Smart Communities, Health, Industry
Paper Submission: February 29, 2024
Acceptance Notification: April 5, 2024
Camera Ready (tentative): May, 10 2024
Conference: June 29 – July 2, 2024
All deadlines are Anywhere on Earth.
Paper submissions must be no longer than 8 pages (the page count limit includes the references list) and formatted according to the two-column IEEE proceedings template. All submitted papers that conform to these guidelines will be subject to peer reviews by Technical Program Committee members and other experts in the field. All presented papers will be published in the conference proceedings and submitted to the IEEEXplore Digital Library.
SUBMISSION URL (paper registration from November 1st, 2023): https://edas.info/N31641
Research papers should be submitted to the Main Track section of the conference (check EDAS submission link above).
Two additional pages for the camera ready version can be purchased after the paper review and selection.
Journal Fast Track
Extended versions of selected high-quality papers accepted by IEEE SMARTCOMP 2024 will be considered for publication in Elsevier’s Pervasive and Mobile Computing journal (IF: 4.3).
Technical Program Committee Co-Chairs
Dario Bruneo, Univ. of Messina, Italy
Dirk Pesch, Univ. College Cork, Ireland
For any questions about the conference, please contact the TPC Co-Chairs at: